MI Paste, a calcium-phosphate remineralizing paste, is a safe and effective way to treat a variety of oral health conditions. It may also be the most effective way to reduce cavities in mature adults, especially when combined with the use of high-fluoride toothpastes.
MI Paste can be used to:
- Reduce high oral acid levels, either from drinking too many soft drinks or from pregnancy
- Reverse tooth sensitivity before and after professional cleaning
- Treat those periodontal problems caused by diabetes
- Restore enamel gloss after whitening procedures
- Relieve dry mouth caused by certain medications or conditions
- Coat teeth whose enamel has eroded from acid reflux disease or from eating disorders like bulimia
- Alleviate the pain of oral ulcers
- Treat cavities and conditions arising from loss of saliva
- Buffer the acids produced by oral bacteria and plaque
- Provide regular conditioning during orthodontia treatment and after bands and brackets have been removed, to prevent and reverse white spot lesions
MI Paste is not a substitute for regular toothpaste as it lacks cleaning agents and fluoride. It is available only through a dental office, not in stores as a prescription or over-the-counter product. Ask us whether you would benefit from MI Paste.